I don’t understand how anyone doesn’t see the need for gun control. After the latest you would think … But some say it’s all about helping the mentally ill and that taking guns won’t solve anything.
IT’S NOT ONE OR THE OTHER. AND IT’S NOT TAKING GUNS, IT’S ABOUT CONTROLLING THE PURCHASING AND USE OF THEM.
I know some will say that limiting gun purchasing won’t make a difference, but this article seems to indicate differently:
Here’s some logical thinking from the Connecticut Governor Richard Blumenthal:
- Universal background checks on all gun sales – close loopholes of just applying to Federally licensed dealers (include unlicensed dealers) and the 72-hour incomplete rule.
- Cut down on illegal trafficking of guns.
- Get rid of high-capacity magazines.
- Laws to keep guns out of the hands of those with mental health issues.
- Laws to keep guns out of the hands of domestic violence abusers and to have them surrender their guns.
What will finally change things? Those that oppose will eventually know a victim before things get changed because that’s when it becomes real.
Please stay accountable in the ballot boxes.